Here’s my own personal favourite list of essential Apps and packing list for conference travel.
- Expensify – for all of your reimbursable travel expenses plus it will organise your travel itinerary.
- Receipt Bank – Scans your business bills and expenses, extracts summary information and pushes the data, and scanned document into your online accounting solution.
- Minutedock – don’t loose any billing hours while you are travelling! Tracks your time against client, task, or project, and pushes into your online accounting solution.
- Podcast listening device – I’m on android and currently use CastBox but considering PocketCasts. Remember to download some podcast episodes from Top Accounting and Bookkeeping podcasts in preparation for your flights.
- Destinations Public Transport App – according to Reddit for Sydney this is tripview
- Google Maps
- Plane App
- Plane entertainment app
BUSINESS + NETWORKING
- Business cards
- Learn how to airdrop to share details
- Notebook for trip
- Pens + stationery
- Print off any paper work you may need – e.g. presentation notes
- Charged iPhone
- Charger and cables
- Lap Top + Mouse
- Selfie Stick
- USB Stick
- Presentation pointer
- Targus Charger – a laptop charger with multiple interchangeable tips and you can access additional free compatible tips from them here.
- Charcoal sponge
- Charcoal tablets
- Charcoal toothbrush
- Dry hairspray
- Volume powder
- Emery board
- Hair bands + bobby pins
- Hair brush
- Hair straightener
- Lip balm
- Lip pencil
- Eye line pencil
- Eye powder
- Make up remover
- Rescue nail polish (cause you should get your nails shellaced before you leave)
- Tooth polish (smaller and less messy than tooth paste)
- Have mini bags within main hand bag of different textures
- Mini all-day make-up bag
- Mini stationery bag
- Small clutch for when you don’t need the main hand-bag
- Hand sanitiser
- Regular medication
- Plastic bags – for anything that needs to be neatly separated
- Comfortable shoes + extra inner sole pads
- Layers (check the weather forecast suggests it will be cold!)
- Sunglasses + spectacles
- Eye Mask
- Ear Plugs
- Sleep balm
- Phone ahead and check they don’t put feather pillows in your room – if your allergic!
- Plane Tickets – remember to forward to Expensify
- Plane cushion
- An extra bag option or express post bags in case the conference swag does not fit
- a paperclip to swap sim cards if you are travelling Internationally.
Did I miss any?