“I think the more important thing is just for businesses and professionals to be experimenting and learning and just staying abreast of what’s happening across the space.” – Damon Hauenstein, Chief Financial Officer at Weel
“AI is a tool that extends us. I don’t think that, in the short term, I’m going to be replaced by an AI. But I think an AI can make me much better and much more productive.” – James Carey Director at Prime Partners
Today I am sharing a panel discussion I moderated on behalf of Weel at the Australian CFO Summit. The panellists were:
- James Carey Director at Prime Partners
- Asa Cox Founder & CEO at Arcanum.ai
- Ben Yi Proud Data Nerd
- Damon Hauenstein Chief Financial Officer at Weel
AI is such a hot topic at the moment! It was great to have a conversation with some experts, identify some practical applications and dispel some myths.
Some of the highlights from this conversation were :
- AI is here to stay in finance.
- Productivity gains are at the fingertips of everyone.
- AI is accessible to all.
- Why businesses should be open to implementing AI.
- Why businesses need to embrace AI.
- There are huge opportunities and productivity gains for finance teams.
- How to use AI.
- What is generative AI and how is it different from AI?
- ChatGPT is not a search engine x 3!
- The app store moment for AI.
- Risk, rewards, and privacy concerns of putting client data in ChatGPT.
- Will ChatGPT and AI improve their understanding of the Australian tax system?
- What are some key considerations for selecting your AI tool, and how can businesses measure success?
- From a measurement perspective, it’s all about productivity gains. Huge productivity gains.
- Experiment and don’t overthink.